Community and International Training and Development
Community and International Training and Development (CITD) (formerly Academic Programs - CAFE) offers University students additional opportunities to gain academic credit both online and traditionally in order to obtain their dream of earning a degree from a nationally recognized higher education institution, collaborates to offer travel studies, training programs to educators, business and industry partners as well as the administration of grants and contracts with public, private and government agencies.
CITD creates opportunities and collaborates with various colleges on the University of Oklahoma campus to offer credit courses; partners with state agencies, arts communities and federal government to serve Oklahoma communities in professional development, lifelong learning and personal enrichment.
Examples of CITD’s impact on the community include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced Placement Summer Institute for middle and high school educators
- International travel study
- Arts & history education through free lecture series and the annual Medieval Fair
- Three-week Intersession courses in a variety of academic disciplines
- Historic downtown beautification projects
- Professional development of International clients in conjunction with OU academic departments
- Continuing education seminars for health professionals throughout the state of Oklahoma